PRINCIPAL / FINANCIAL ADVISOR
Fiduciary Financial Planner CFP® Fee-Only Advisor
Company Retirement Plans
Retirement Plan Types
Profit Sharing Plan
Defined Benefit Plan
Individual 401k – i401k
- There are many types of retirement plans, not just 401(k)s. We work with Business Owners and Plan Sponsors to determine the right type of plan for your business.
- Additional plan types may allow certain key employees to contribute larger amounts for their retirement. Our goal is to build plans that meet an owner’s goals and that benefit employers and employees alike.
- Plan Sponsors may not be aware of alternative, and often less expensive options for their plans. The various services and investment alternatives may be offered by one provider (referred to as a ‘bundled’ arrangement). Or, plans may obtain services and investments from a variety of providers (referred to as an ‘unbundled’ arrangement).
- Both service structures have benefits, but each may be most beneficial at different stages of retirement plan size.
- We work with Plan Administrators who will review plan design, enrollment practices, plan testing alternatives, and other ways to maximize benefits for both employees and highly compensated employees.
Responsibilities of Plan Sponsors
- Just as an individual would keep track of their personal budget, a plan sponsor needs to keep track of their retirement plan’s expenses and costs. Those responsible for the management and oversight of employer-sponsored retirement plans must follow specific rules for operating the plan, handling plan assets, and overseeing the firm(s) that provide services to the plan.
- Trustees and retirement plan sponsors face increasing obligations as fiduciaries to comply with various mandates such as fee disclosures and low-cost investment options.
- Providing a service model that focuses on transparency and simplicity, allows Wealth Management Solutions to give trustees and plan sponsors peace of mind that their plan is being managed in the most efficient way possible.
How we work with Plan Sponsors
- Within each plan, we look to provide the appropriate low cost fund options in order to decrease participant expenses. With recent changes in disclosure requirements, we realize employees and plan sponsors are looking for value and to demystify hidden costs.
- Higher costs do not always mean outperformance. Often times the best opportunity for superior investment performance can come from lower cost mutual funds.
- Wealth Management Solutions will prepare and electronically distribute required notices in a timely manner.
- Our education approach is to consistently move the needle toward increased employee participation and increased deferrals. Through onsite enrollment meetings and providing Retirement Readiness reports to employees, plan participation can significantly increase and improve plan testing outcomes.
- We also offer additional education options for employees based on their needs (Social Security for older employees, College Saving ideas for parents)
Coordination of Partners
- Wealth Management Solutions coordinates directly with Administrators and Record keepers who provide a full spectrum of services at conservative pricing. Much like our approach toward investing, the cost of doing business should not be a barrier to consistently high levels of service.
Wealth Management Solutions | All Rights Reserved | Website Design MJE.DESIGN